How Bail Bonds Work
Understanding how bail bonds work is simple:
- The court sets a bail amount for the defendant.
- A bondsman uses a surety bond to cover the bail amount.
- The defendant is released, but still must attend their court date.
- If the defendant goes to their court date, the bondsman is released from his liability.
- If the defendant doesn’t go, the bondsman must either forfeit the amount or bring the defendant back to jail.
The Bail Bonding Process
- Contact us. Our agent looks up the case, answers any questions you have, and provides the price for our service.
- Once we have agreed on a price, our agent meets you at the jail to post the bail bond (24 Hours a Day).
- At the jail, we fill out the necessary paperwork, and exchange payment (Cash, Visa, Discover, MasterCard).
- Your loved one gets out of jail and back to their life.